The St. Louis Chapter has conducted fundraising projects and awarded scholarships since our inception in 2008. Collectively, LDEI chapters in the U.S. and Canada have awarded more than $4 million in culinary scholarships to deserving students. Many of our scholarship recipients have gone on to illustrious careers in the food, wine, hospitality and agriculture industries.
LDEI St. Louis Chapter Scholarship Requirements
We are pleased to announce that the Saint Louis Missouri Chapter of Les Dames d’Escoffier International is accepting applications for scholarships for the 2018-2019 school year. Scholarships will be awarded based on academic accomplishments, career goals, culinary related experience, professional and personal references, and financial need. All applications will be reviewed and measured by standardized and weighted criteria.
- You must be female and be a permanent resident in the St. Louis region (150 mile radius), but may reside elsewhere during school terms
- You must carry a GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent
- You must be accepted or enrolled in a certificate or degree program and studying a culinary field, dietetics with a culinary component, hospitality, restaurant management or agriculture
- You will attend the LDEI-STL Awards Dinner in September 2018 and volunteer for at least one (1) LDEI-STL fundraising event, as schedule permits.
- Completed application must be received by March 31, 2018.
Late applications will not be considered.
Receipt of application will be acknowledged by e-mail
- Two letters of career recommendation
- Two letters of personal recommendation
- Academic transcripts (most current available)
- A financial aid form completed by the school's financial aid office
Conditions of Scholarship Award
- All scholarship money will go directly to the school or institution in which the recipient is enrolled
- Scholarship money will be used for tuition only
- Scholarship funds must be used between August 1, 2018 and July 31, 2019
- Any change in enrollment status during the scholarship year is to be communicated to LDEI-STL Scholarship Committee by the Scholarship recipient